Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I'm Pinning my heart out!

I SHOULD be making minis, I SHOULD be doing laundry, I SHOULD be packing because we're moving house soon, I SHOULD be cleaning the house, I SHOULD be resting -  BUT I'm playing with Pinterest.

The best that I can say in my defence is that it's research - yes truly it is - so it's a kind of work - I'm saving gorgeous pics that I hope will inspire great minis!  I was ultra excited around 6 this morning because I found EXACTLY the sort of pictures I'd been looking for to show me how real exposed lath looks after old plaster falls off - it's important for a gal to know these things when she's  researching/working on a mini French property that should end up with a look of 'faded elegance' - probably more faded than elegant but that's ok. 

Exposed lath from Euro Antique Market blog
I'm having such fun filling my Pinterest albums with inspiring images, it works so much better than saving to a computer file.  One of the features I like best is that the source URL is saved with the image so there's no problem with knowing where it came from - which can be very important sometimes.  And it's fun looking at the albums of other people who share similar tastes and interests. 

Click here to visit my Pinterest page, click on a board to see all the images in that category in a larger size.  Maybe there's something there that will inspire YOU!  I hope so.

Do you have a Pinterest album??  If so please let me know in a comment - I'd like to come and take a look. 

If you don't, but would like to, let me know and I'll send you an invite.

Now I'm going to go and do something on my "I SHOULD be doing ..." list ......

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a Pinterest addict too. But I don't find it too time consuming. I think because one click and it's pinned. Too easy. Going to check out your boards.

x

Eva said...

WOW! I need time to check it because I see alot of interesting albums with wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing the link Norma :)
Have a beautiful day!

KC-Design said...

Ohhhhhhhh....thank you Norma for those wonderful pictures!!
I don`t know Pinterest before.

Hugs,
Karin

Garden said...

Your the guru of the undiscovered ... as you say plenty of research here .. much appreciated loads of ideas and inspiration ... Nice share Norma ..Paul

Sans! said...

O no Norma, I think I can be really addicted to this. I love your albums...I am going to start one. This is definitely way better than saving it in my hard disk.

Cinderella Moments said...

You're the 2nd person I've seen using this. I think I'll give it a whirl! It'll clear up my files for sure.
I'm on the waiting list. Doesn't that sound important!
Thanks for sharing your incredible finds!
hugs,
Caroline

Flora said...

To my great good fortune, I can not connect to the link that you have pointed out (always too busy servers), because I understand that it is a tunnel with no exit!
Even so, I have to jump through hoops to carve out a space for the PC (washing, ironing, cooking, grocery shopping, cleaning the house, take care of my family: everything takes precedence over my passions ...)
Anyway, thanks: I have now decided that will build a new house and I hunger and thirst for inspiration :-)
Mini hugs, Flora

Maria said...

Yes i confess, i am an addict too!I love Pinterest, i will check out your boards.
I am also addicted too Polyvore, if you have some spare time check it out it's also nice.
Dishes can wait(not too long),mine is waiting too hahahaha.
Hugs
Maria

Maria said...

Yes i confess, i am an addict too!I love Pinterest, i will check out your boards.
I am also addicted too Polyvore, if you have some spare time check it out it's also nice.
Dishes can wait(not too long),mine is waiting too hahahaha.
Hugs
Maria

Lucille said...

I love your pictures, Norma. Good luck with all the work you have to do and I hope the move goes well. Take care of yourself! Don't overdo it.

Magoo said...

wow. i keep seeing/hearing about it but i didn't know what it was. i clicked the pintrest link, and got sidetracked from your blog unti it ran outta pix to look at (my computer was slowing down to fetch more pins). no wonder you are sidetracked!!! very awesome! this could get me into trouble. thanks a alot norma!!! :D

Glenda said...

Interesting site! But I'd have to agree with Flora - it looks addictive!!

Caraloo said...

I just took your advice and checked it out. Awesome!!!! Spend plenty of time on houzz already (do u have that app??) but I must start pinning!! Will you invite me please?? My email is caraloo75@aol.com

lamina @ do a bit said...

ha ha ha I think we will all need to go to "P.A." Pinterest's Anonymous... Hi my name is Lamina and I have been addicted to Pinterest for over 2 months now ... Love it :D

Norma Bennett said...

Ha, Lamina, in your 'confession' you forgot to add that YOU are responsible for MY introduction to Pinterest :) Seriously tho I'm glad that you did, as well as a great 'storage' facility and platform to share ideas and images it's great to use at odd minutes during the day where once I would have sat down with a magazine and flicked through looking at nice pics. And here they are all available for the taking and adding to my digital ideas file, no more feeling guilty about ripping a page out of a mag to put into a filing folder.

lamina @ do a bit said...

Hee hee hee... I'm not sorry I introduced you to pinterest!! Though I am a little worried that chores will be neglected.. by both you and me ...uh oh :s

Becky said...

Ooh, I'm glad you pointed this place out, I'd never heard of it but am definitely going to sign up. I'm forever saving images on my hard drive and forgetting where I found them, or saving an endless list of favourites and forgetting where I saw a particular image! This will be perfect for organising ideas, thanks!